Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Beautiful Daughter - Heidi Gwynne


Written 22nd April 2012

Well Heidi, the wait is over, you arrived at 1230 today
It was actually 1229 my love, we worried you were going to stay
But all of a sudden you were on your way and it was time to light the sky
With your beautiful face and the most amazing sound, your very first cry

So now I'm a father and my world's been flipped, you'll one day realise
You're incredible, so truly special, a smile with the biggest eyes,
And so well behaved already, or do I speak too soon?
Quiet & content, already feeding - we're completely over the moon 

You're the centre of our universe, and our journey has just begun
We're thrilled about every single step, our beautiful little one
If ever we forget, remind us, if ever we seem busy just shout
Because you will always be everything to us, never have any doubt

No comments:

Post a Comment